DefendAPack® Pay It Forward Contest
DefendAPack® is happy to announce a new chance to give the gift of protection! Do you know someone who goes above and beyond? Someone that has inspired you with their greatness? Well we want to hear about them!
Send us the story about why a certain person, whether it be a loved one or a role model, and tell us why they are special. The best story wins a level IIIA bulletproof vest to help keep them safe.
ONLINE NOMINATION OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: DefendAPack® Pay It Forward
Address: 7750 Okeechobee Blvd ~ Suite 4-332 West Palm Beach, FL
Contest Area: The United States (excluding Connecticut)
Prize Provider(s): DefendAPack®
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: November 23, 2020 thru December 31, 2020
Entries Due: 5:00 PM ET on December 21, 2020
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per person, however, more than one nomination may be received for more than one nominee from different entrants.
Nomination Topic: Nominate a deserving individual who inspires you. Nominees may be one (1) of the following:
An individual, age 18 or older, who resides in the Contest
Entrant may not nominate him/herself, an immediate member of his or her family (i.e., spouse, parent, sibling or child) or his or her family group/unit.
Judging Criteria: Most unique and inspiring story.
Total Number of Winners: One
Winner Determination Date: January 1, 2021
Prize(s) and Value(s): The winner will receive (1) DefendAPack® NIJ Level IIIA Bulletproof vest (size of choice). Total Prize Value is $199.
DefendAPack® Website: https://defendapackgear.com/
Terms and Conditions: https://defendapackgear.com/policies/terms-of-service
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
How to Enter
To enter, please email your nomination story to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your entry should include your name, address, phone number, birth date, name of nominee, address of nominee, describe why the nominee submitted for the Nomination Topic should win and a photo of the nominee. By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant, is eligible to win the prize. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries/How to Win
- Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of DefendAPack® personnel based on the Judging Criteria for the Nomination Topic. Criteria include: Most unique and inspiring story.
- On the Winner Determination Date, the judges will determine one (1) Winner with the highest score based on the criteria set forth above. As a condition of winning, the winner must sign an appearance release and agree to be featured in a “Pay It Forward” segment on the DefendAPack® website, social media and other public forums; failure to do so will result in disqualification. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next Winner.
- DefendAPack® reserves the right to not select a winner or to cancel this contest in the event that insufficient entries are received for judging.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility and reside in the Contest Area. Nominees must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, reside in the Contest Area, and meet the criteria of the Nomination Topic.
- Residents and Citizens outside of the contest area are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
- Employees of DefendAPack® (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
DefendAPack® is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- DefendAPack® cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. DefendAPack® is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
- Prize is provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates.
- Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to DefendAPack® at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize via standard postal delivery. DefendAPack® reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
- If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Company.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of DefendAPack®. The Company has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
- Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize as set forth in these rules.
- Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
- The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
- The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
- The Company has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Company shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. DefendAPack® reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. DefendAPack® reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Cpmpany’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Company’s control.