The DefendAPack® Vest is made of 1680 Ballistic Denier Nylon, and its patented design allows for interchangeable plates, depending on your level of protection needed.
- AR-15 and AK-47 Assault rifle tested (click here to watch Ballistic video)
- Can be put on in less than 5 seconds
- Comes with 1 (One) Vest and 2 (Two) NIJ Cerfified Level III Plates
- Lowest priced NIJ Level IIII Bulletproof Vest on the market today
Keep a vest under your desk for quick reaction to an active shooter situation.
Lightweight, Stand-alone vest is comfortable and perfect for those who do not wish to carry a backpack
Best suited for those in regular high-risk situations.
- Plates can be easily swapped out and upgraded through patented design Velcro openings
- Can be easily stored in existing bag, backpack, in lockers, under the desk
- Lightweight and comfortable; can be worn daily under clothes
- Can be easily added to DefendAPack® Backpack
Patented Design Deploys in Seconds:
- The user simply uses puts the vest on like any other piece of clothing; heavy-duty Velcro keeps vest from slipping once put on.
- Weight of DefendAPack® Vest with two (2) NIJ Level III Plates - 7 lbs
- Plate Dimensions: 10" x 12"
NOTE: Vest can be purchased with NIJ Level IIIA plates for lower cost and level of protection. Total weight of Vest with two (2) NIJ Level IIIA Pates is 3 lbs. Click here for more info.
For XL Size, Please Add 1 Full Inch on Either End of Large Measurements Listed.
Chest: Up to 36″; Waist: 22″-30″; US Women’s Size 0-8; US Child’s size 7-14
Chest: 36″-44″; Waist 30″-36″; US Women’s Size 8-12; US Child’s size 14-16
Chest: 42″-50″; Waist: 36″-42″; US Women’s Size: 12-16
Chest: 48″-56″; Waist: 44″-50″; US Women’s Size: 16-22
Backpacks are one size.
Level IIIA Protection against:
Small Handguns, Low-Velocity Handguns, High-Velocity Handguns, High Powered Handguns, Sub-Machine Guns, Most Shotgun rounds including slugs and buckshot.
Level III Protection against:
Machine Guns, High-Powered Rifles, Assault Rifles (non-armor piercing rounds), M80s, AR15s (standard rounds), Small Handguns, Low-Velocity Handguns, High-Velocity Handguns, High Powered Handguns, Sub-Machine Guns, Most Shotgun rounds including slugs and buckshot.
Special Note on Body Armor Purchases
Body armor is LEGAL in all 50 states with only the following three restrictions:
- Body armor is ILLEGAL if you have been convicted of a violent felony.
- Body armor may NOT be shipped to a civilian in Connecticut. Body armor purchases in Connecticut are not allowed by State regulations to occur over the internet; they must be made only through an in-person authorized store purchase.
- Wearing body armor while committing a crime will increase penalties GREATLY. Body armor was NOT designed for nor intended for criminals.
You can purchase your DefendAPack® vest, backpack and plates online and take delivery in 49 of the 50 contiguous states. Connecticut is the only exception as outlined above.
Can’t really give this a real review because there’s no cause to use it but it is super bulky and heavy. I bought this for added security when in large groups where active shooting may be a risk but it’s too heavy to wear all day and too bulky to fit under clothing