The DefendAPack® Backpack is made of 1680 Ballistic Denier Nylon, and can transform into an NIJ Level IIIA, detachable, double-sided bulletproof vest, in less than 15 seconds.
- Includes one backpack, one (1) Bulletproof Vest and two (2) NIJ Level IIIA Certified bulletproof Plates
- Handgun Tested
- Additional Plates can be purchased for extra protection
- Backpack with Plate inside pouch can serve as further protection
Each backpack comes with 2 liners; one small button liner to use when carrying the backpack and vest separately, and one large to use when storing/carrying the vest as a part of the backpack
- Detach the vest from a hidden panel in the back of the backpack.
- Once the vest is on, the user is protected with panels in front and back and the ballistic nylon also offers projectile protection around the sides.
- In addition, the user can shield the face with the remaining backpack to protect from flying projectiles with an additional plate insert (available for purchase), for further protection.
- Total weight with NIJ Level IIIA Plates = 4 lbs
- Dimensions: 12" x 10" x 4"
- Plate Dimensions: 10" x 12"
For XL Size, Please Add 1 Full Inch on Either End of Large Measurements Listed.
Chest: Up to 36″; Waist: 22″-30″; US Women’s Size 0-8; US Child’s size 7-14
Chest: 36″-44″; Waist 30″-36″; US Women’s Size 8-12; US Child’s size 14-16
Chest: 42″-50″; Waist: 36″-42″; US Women’s Size: 12-16
Chest: 48″-56″; Waist: 44″-50″; US Women’s Size: 16-22
Backpacks are one size.
Level IIIA Protection against:
Small Handguns, Low-Velocity Handguns, High-Velocity Handguns, High Powered Handguns, Sub-Machine Guns, Most Shotgun rounds including slugs and buckshot.
Level III Protection against:
Machine Guns, High-Powered Rifles, Assault Rifles (non-armor piercing rounds), M80s, AR15s (standard rounds), Small Handguns, Low-Velocity Handguns, High-Velocity Handguns, High Powered Handguns, Sub-Machine Guns, Most Shotgun rounds including slugs and buckshot.
Special Note on Body Armor Purchases
Body armor is LEGAL in all 50 states with only the following three restrictions:
- Body armor is ILLEGAL if you have been convicted of a violent felony.
- Body armor may NOT be shipped to a civilian in Connecticut. Body armor purchases in Connecticut are not allowed by State regulations to occur over the internet; they must be made only through an in-person authorized store purchase.
- Wearing body armor while committing a crime will increase penalties GREATLY. Body armor was NOT designed for nor intended for criminals.
You can purchase your DefendAPack® vest, backpack and plates online and take delivery in 49 of the 50 contiguous states. Connecticut is the only exception as outlined above.
My son's school has had several lockdowns last year more than eight times. It's not a bad area where we live, but when we get a text notification. There's only so much you can do as parent besides running to the school like Rambo on a seek and destroy mission, and by the time you get there it already over. This backpack gives us more peace of mind that our children will be safe. I just got one for my sister down in Texas where guns are everywhere. Thank you DefendaPack!!!
Feeling safer is a great thing !!!! 🙌🏽❤️
Fast and reliable services , Thank You
I am so happy to have these for my kids. Our 9 year old can easily navigate the removal of the vest and has it on (we practiced for only a few minutes) in less than a minute. We practiced running with it and its just amazing! Incredible design, user-friendly, priced right.