The DefendAPack® Backpack is made of 1680 Ballistic Denier Nylon, and can transform into an NIJ Level III, detachable, double-sided bulletproof vest, in less than 15 seconds.
- Assault Rifle Tested
- Highest Level of Protection
- Includes one backpack, one (1) Bulletproof Vest and two (2) NIJ Level III Certified bulletproof Plates
- Additional Plates can be purchased for extra protection
- Backpack with Plate inside pouch can serve as further protection
Each backpack comes with 2 liners; one small button liner to use when carrying the backpack and vest separately, and one large to use when storing/carrying the vest as a part of the backpack
- Detach the vest from a hidden panel in the back of the backpack.
- Once the vest is on, the user is protected with panels in front and back and the ballistic nylon also offers projectile protection around the sides.
- In addition, the user can shield the face with the remaining backpack to protect from flying projectiles with an additional plate insert (available for purchase), for further protection.
- Total weight with NIJ Level IIIA Plates = 8 lbs
- Dimensions: 12" x 10" x 4"
- Plate Dimensions: 10" x 12"
For XL Size, Please Add 1 Full Inch on Either End of Large Measurements Listed.
Chest: Up to 36″; Waist: 22″-30″; US Women’s Size 0-8; US Child’s size 7-14
Chest: 36″-44″; Waist 30″-36″; US Women’s Size 8-12; US Child’s size 14-16
Chest: 42″-50″; Waist: 36″-42″; US Women’s Size: 12-16
Chest: 48″-56″; Waist: 44″-50″; US Women’s Size: 16-22
Backpacks are one size.
Level IIIA Protection against:
Small Handguns, Low-Velocity Handguns, High-Velocity Handguns, High Powered Handguns, Sub-Machine Guns, Most Shotgun rounds including slugs and buckshot.
Level III Protection against:
Machine Guns, High-Powered Rifles, Assault Rifles (non-armor piercing rounds), M80s, AR15s (standard rounds), Small Handguns, Low-Velocity Handguns, High-Velocity Handguns, High Powered Handguns, Sub-Machine Guns, Most Shotgun rounds including slugs and buckshot.
Special Note on Body Armor Purchases
Body armor is LEGAL in all 50 states with only the following three restrictions:
- Body armor is ILLEGAL if you have been convicted of a violent felony.
- Body armor may NOT be shipped to a civilian in Connecticut. Body armor purchases in Connecticut are not allowed by State regulations to occur over the internet; they must be made only through an in-person authorized store purchase.
- Wearing body armor while committing a crime will increase penalties GREATLY. Body armor was NOT designed for nor intended for criminals.
You can purchase your DefendAPack® vest, backpack and plates online and take delivery in 49 of the 50 contiguous states. Connecticut is the only exception as outlined above.